Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Project Quilting: Flying Geese Challenge & a wild Nature Walk Pullover

I just couldn't miss out on this week's Project Quilting challenge! I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I read the challenge combining the traditional flying geese block and complimentary colors! It immediately made me think of geese flying in the sky at sunset!


This piece measures approximately 17" x 9 1/2". I used foundation piecing (geese), traditional piecing (sky) and fusible applique (for the lower landscape).

I alway try something new for each Project Quilting Challenge! This was my first time using batiks or a true black. Even though I knew just what I wanted to do as soon as I read the challenge, time got away from me, so this also became the first time I think I've ever completed a full project in less than 24 hours, as I finally started sketching this one after noon Central Saturday (yesterday) and we lost an hour to daylight savings overnight.


If you like it, I'd really love your VOTE! Be sure to take a look at all the great entries and comment to enter the public drawing too! (I'm Sarah B.)

The week before last I whipped up this special shirt for my little guy. He picked out the fabrics himself! They are Riley Blake All Star 2 and the pattern is the Oliver + S Nature Walk Pullover.

(Take a peek at the mock up I did months ago of it in Photoshop!)

No comments:

Post a Comment